Choc Raspberry Muffins
by Joanna Baker APD & RN
These muffins really tick all the boxes. They are easy to make, taste great & super healthy too. Muffins are perfect for quick and easy breakfast or a portable snack to keep you going between meals.
- Oats, raspberries & cocoa are rich in antioxidants & polyphenols
- Oats are high in gut friendly fibre to keep your gut bugs happy & keep you regular
- Oats are high in Beta Gluten which can lower cholesterol & prevent heart disease
- They are low GI to help manage blood glucose levels and keep energy stable through the day
- Low FODMAP so everyone can enjoy them and have a happy tummy too.
Prep time: 5 minutes plus 30min – 24 hours standing time
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
Difficulty: easy (because Im a lazy cook)
3 cups of rolled oats
3 ripe bananas (low FODMAP at 1/3 of a banana)
2 Tbsp cocoa
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup of low FODMAP milk ( I use Soy Protein milk)
1 cup frozen raspberries
- Place all ingredients in a blender & blend until smooth. Place to the side for 30 minutes or in the fridge overnight.
- Line a muffin tray with baking paper or muffin cases. Divide the mixture between the muffin cases.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius (350 Fahrenheit) for 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
Book an appointment with a specialist dietitian today